Sunday, March 04, 2012

Margarita, Guacamole and Elote c/o Calaca Feliz

A little while back it was National Margarita Day, and I learned that Calaca Feliz was offering its signature margarita at a discounted $5 a glass price. It opened pretty recently in the neighborhood, and it was on my resolution list, so the holiday seemed the like the perfect excuse to check it out for the first time. I was seated quickly and soon a margarita was in front of me.
There were a few things on the menu that I wanted to try, but for this inaugural experience I went with the guacamole appetizer and the elote side. The guacamole was nice and fresh and I ate it all.
Their salsa was really quite good. Smoky. Different. Good. The elote was also satisfying, though I could have done with just a little more lime and a pinch of salt.
Pig bowl!

No comments: