Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Well Hello 2012

Ours was a relatively subdued New Years Eve night. I think M., A., C. and I played a game of Catan while S. and M. went to bed. Then M. made a yule log while A., C., T. and I played a second game as the minutes of 2011 dwindled. We cheered to the new year first with sparkling Italian wine that was found to be a bit lacking, and then switched to the better stuff while finishing up our second game.
Here you can see the process of rolling up the yule log.
Once it was rolled up, it was covered in icing and then we all contributed a few marzipan (marzipan?) mushrooms to make it have more of a log-look. And yet no photographs of that truth are available to me.
I don't think I won a single game of Catan over the course of our three days of playing, but did I mind? Not too terribly; I just like getting to play.

No comments: