Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Trip to the Amish

When I visited Cayuga Lake with A. earlier this year, no wait, last year we drove over to the local Amish farmer's market to pick up a few things and, I'm pretty sure, that's where my chicken tattoo desires first started rearing their ugly heads. Well, I don't think they're ugly. But never you mind. We went back to 'the Amish' on Saturday to pick up lettuce for A.'s mother and on the way back I insisted on stopping the car and getting my photograph taken in the pretty. A. acquiesced and took the following few pictures.
Me in the process of crossing a ditch.
Success!
You can't see it, but the lake's behind me too. Note: this is basically what I want my life to look like all the time, pretty and countrified with a lake hidden from view but full of cold water.
I'm wearing that dress right now. It's great.

2 comments:

j, foodie blog enthusiast said...

you're brave for getting into the pretty! i see tallish grass, i immediately think tick-fest. this thought-process probably hinders my full enjoyment of the pretty i experience in my own life. birding? hiking? forging our own path in the woods? yes, please. just give me a few hours to get into my anti-tick gear.

cc said...

valid concerns, which i did not consider one little bit. which is strange because i am aware of the risks of ticks. though that awareness is most in effect when I'm in Tennessee or the mid-Hudson Valley region. Hm. Selective.